Kherlanji Massacare PicturesKherlanji Massacare - Dalit's raped and massacared by
Upper Caste Hindu Landlords, Police try to cover up and protect their masters.
Following are the thumbnails pictures of the Kherlanji massacre. They speak for themselves>>
1. This is the same Bulluck-Cart , used for making ferry of naked mother and daughter in and around Kherlanji village.
2. One of the most educated girls in Kherlanji, Priyanka passed her matriculation and was studying for HSC. She was brilliant and had great dreams . She was the best NCC cadet too. Her only fault was she belonged to that community .
3. Priyanka was gang raped and inhumanly murdered by putting sticks inside her genitals. The cruelty did not stop there, her body was thrown in water canal. It is also learnt that when brother denied sex, his genital got mutilated.
4. Mother fought tooth and nail for her rights till death . Brave was she, who dared to complain to police. She undoubtedly preferred dignified death to lechery . We salute you mother ! The son lying close to her is a blind but not spared by assailants. Another son, Roshan was doing his graduation, most learned boy in his village.
5. Hut they lived in is so small that has no electricity. The bright students were studying while mother was all set for preparing evening meals when the ghastly event happened.
6. Priyanka and her family thought leaving behind caste and embracing Buddha`s path would bring in sea change, though, it gave them confidence to live a dignified life(as they did) but could not change attitude of caste people towards them. They were exterminated for their courage!
7. Their lifestyle reflects profound wisdom. How much mother gave importance to education than other daily needs is worth noting! Especially when she had to manage in daily budget of o.5 USD , buying books for students, travel expenses and college/school expenses! (Generally here every Buddhist household thinks that education is only way to get out of the shakles of caste and poverty.
Result is, after 50 years of conversion 72% literacy is observed among them, way ahead of Indian average 62% .Females are not only ahead in literacy but they have unparrallel confidence like Surekha & Priyanka had. Female literacy is more than Indian average. This is important when there are not many Buddhist Missionaries operating in India funded by world outside.)
Surekha`s home is a typical rural Buddhist home. See the walls of the hut in above pic. seems as if bricks are arranged on one another with no investment on masonry.Whereas, the pic below shows the linen made of torn-off cloths! May be 0.1USD worth? Every fraction of penny counted !